Git: save init application as separate repo from web2py, and exclude the init directory?

Tom Campbell

Mar 17, 2019, 5:11:48 AM3/17/19
to web2py-users
My (soon to be production) code is in the application named init.
Obviously init is surrounded by the web2py installation itself.
We will want to preserve the working version of web2py in a git repo since it's likely we will update web2py separately from the init app.
I assume the best practice is to save the init application in another repo, and exclude the init directory from the web2py repo?
Bonus question: I'm using Python 2.7. Should I upgrade to 3.0?