Front end framework

Gaël Princivalle

Feb 12, 2024, 11:11:57 AMFeb 12
to web2py-users
Hello all.

I've to update a Web2py app that uses Bootstrap 2.3.2.

Now the Web2py 2.27.1 uses Bootstrap 4?

Is it possible to use Bootstrap 5?

Thanks.

Massimo Di Pierro

Feb 16, 2024, 10:55:26 PMFeb 16
to web2py-users
I do not know how much different 4 and 5 are. Only the names of the classes in the forms may be an issue. I would recommend you try it with BS 5 and if you run into any issue it may be possible to address it with a new adapter or, maybe easier, a few lines of JS.

Donald McClymont

Feb 18, 2024, 7:35:54 AMFeb 18
to web2py-users
I think BS5 will be fine - the classes and so forth should be the same as BS4 and I’ve not encountered any real issues with BS5 and py4web.  https://superdevresources.com/bootstrap5-vs-bootstrap4-whats-new/

Donald