For GAE developers. What's missing from a GqlQuery() call?

Carl Hunter Roach

Nov 17, 2016, 6:05:11 AM11/17/16
to web2py-users

I have some code running on dev_appserver and on GAE:

gqldb.GqlQuery("SELECT DISTINCT acolumnn FROM atable")

This used to return values from the database. The database (both locally on GAE) contain appropriate content for acolumn in atable.

I think I need entries in index.yaml but dev_appserver isn't creating such a file. If I populate a file as below the GqlQuery(…) still doesn't return any rows.

# AUTOGENERATED

- kind: atable
  properties:
  - name: acolumn
    direction: desc

Is it my GqlQuery string, my index.yaml file or somewhere else?

If I write a Web2py db query then I get rows returned.

db = current.db
rows = db().select(db.atable.acolumn)