Re: Web2Py and Python3

Massimo Di Pierro

Apr 2, 2013, 4:13:31 PM4/2/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
This was discussed at length. ;-)

web2py MUST be backward compatible by definition therefore it will not be ported to python 3 (this is a lie, it was forked and ported twice but we keep it a secret). There will be a web3py (perhaps under a different name) which will work with python 2 and python 3 and when on python 2 will be able to run old web2py code in compatibility mode (there is also a github project for that with working code).

On Tuesday, 2 April 2013 12:05:55 UTC-5, Dave Carlson wrote:
What are the long-term plans to migrate to Python3?

I've searched for roadmaps and timelines, anything that comes up is dated and not maintained.

Thanks,
Dave