What do you think about Orator?

AlighaThor

Aug 19, 2017, 3:42:19 PM8/19/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys! I recently have been working with Laravel (yes, I know, this is a group about web2py, but please, keep reading). I used to hate PHP and all things related to it, but thanks to Laravel now I have a love-hate relation, so it's a kind of improvement, :)

Personally one of the things I love more about Laravel is its Eloquent ORM. I think is great.

But my beloved one always wil be web2py, Python, PyDAL and so on. I just googled "Eloquent ORM python equivalent" and voilá...there is one. It's called Orator. So, have any of you saw this?

PyDAL is awesome. But Orator/Eloquent has its magic too. One of the things that impress me about it is the no need to define fields in the models. Yes, of course there must be an initial schema and that is accomplished by migrations. As we know PyDAL does migrations for us and that's good. In fact, actually in my Laravel projects I'm using PyDAL for create my schema, because I find a bit hard using the Laravel's migrations or I'm not used to, and already I'm used to the PyDAL way.

But another thing that I find cool it's the way to deal whit relations across models. I don't know whow Django or AlchemySQL does with this, but Orator makes it simple, fluent, and flexible. I also don't know about performance issues, but hey, that's why I opened this post to see if someone of you guys have criterias or comparission topics about this matter.

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!