urls with spaces

Dave S

Jan 6, 2019, 4:23:11 AM1/6/19
to web2py-users
In making a backup copy of a site I'm involved in (we're changing webmasters, and the site may also be moved to another host), I've noticed that requesting resources with spaces in the name returns INVALID REQUEST.  (The site is essentially a static site, and for testing the copy I've temporarily stuck it in a subdirectory under the static folder of one my apps.)  The html has the spaces already escaped (%20), which works on the current primary host.

This is 2.16.1 running on Ubuntu 16.04 with gunicorn as the front end.  Looks like the Python version is 2.7.12.

Dave S
/dps

Massimo Di Pierro

Jan 6, 2019, 11:53:34 AM1/6/19
to web2py-users
Do you mean static files with spaces in their names? uploaded content does not allow this because names are auto-generated.

Dave S

Jan 7, 2019, 7:27:15 PM1/7/19
to web2py-users

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:53:34 AM UTC-8, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
Do you mean static files with spaces in their names? uploaded content does not allow this because names are auto-generated.

Yes, these are static files added by the administrator (my humble self) rather than using the upload functionality.  The equivalent of accessing the banner jpg for the welcome app.

/dps