Custom e-mail verification page that's not the default, from mobile mail app.

Jon M.

Aug 6, 2015, 12:18:53 PM8/6/15
to web2py-users
Hi All! :D

I thought the way done was fine, and it might be, because I could send a slightly different verification link to the user registered. If you're checking the e-mail in web browser, PC or Mobile, but in the browser, the link will do it's job and present a custom web page telling that the registratin is succesful.

But, if you're checking it at an application, such as GMail as it comes in Android handheld devices, you certainly can tap the link and have access to the browser... The issue is, that the page stablished that works with browser verification, is not showing if verifying it having access to the link from the mail app. It does indeed register the user, accept the hash, and stuff, but the web page is the login screen... And I don't want that web page showing up at the verification in the mail account at the Mail Application. Matters of UX, the registration is done via Android and HTTP request. We implement e-mail verification, and want to display a custom view web page that tells the user the succesfull transaction.

Thanks a lot!!! Buena vibra!

Yours, sincerely Jon M.

Leonel Câmara

Aug 6, 2015, 12:52:46 PM8/6/15
to web2py-users
You can just put the URL you want instead of the login url in auth.settings.verify_email_next

Jon M.

Aug 6, 2015, 2:49:48 PM8/6/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Woah!!! :D

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

So, at db.py I ended using one of these:

    #auth.settings.verify_email_next = ('http://<domain>/<proyect_name>/default/account_confirmation')
    auth.settings.verify_email_next = URL ('default', args='account_confirmation')

Both work, fully working... When tapping the URL at GMail app at mobile device and selecting a browser, it really does redirect to the stablished page.

Does the referrer has something to do within the hop from app to browser for the displaying of the login view web page instead of the custom one?

¡Buena vibra! :3

Leonel Câmara

Aug 6, 2015, 3:20:27 PM8/6/15
to web2py-users
No it's not because of the referrer it's because auth.settings.verify_email_next default value **is** the login URL.