improving uwsgi configuration

Niphlod

Dec 5, 2012, 6:50:07 PM12/5/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
call for help. I almost managed to get a simple uwsgi emperor config running on upstart (will post that script soon) on ubuntu. Hopefully it should alleviate the problems and the intricacies of managing/installing/upgrading the overcomplicated standard debian distribution. Works on 12.04 and on 12.10, with a single issue.......

I have the usual nginx+uwsgi combo, all works ok if I start uwsgi in emperor mode with upstart, but fails on restarting the uwsgi daemon.... the socket gets reaped after restart and no process is respawned to handle the web2py process....
Basically:
>>>start uwsgi-emperor
#all fine
>>>stop uwsgi-emperor
#bad gateway, correct, reporting errors in nginx log trying to access a non-existing socket file
>>>root@w2p-tests:/tmp# start uwsgi-emperor
uwsgi-emperor start/running, process 2279
>>>root@w2p-tests:/tmp# restart uwsgi-emperor
uwsgi-emperor start/running, process 2304
#bad gateway, correct, reporting errors in nginx log trying to access a non-existing socket file... doh!

configurations and logs available at https://dl.dropbox.com/s/qhapgzee667zx3m/uwsgi.tar.gz
Anyone having this problem ?

Niphlod

Dec 6, 2012, 5:02:37 PM12/6/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
PS: confirmed that the error is related to having a vacuum directive on web2py2.xml .... I though it was a safer default, but removing it solved this final issue.... Is there something against 'vacuum' using the emperor mode ?

PS2: uwsgi is just awesome :-P

lyn2py

Jul 1, 2014, 8:26:35 AM7/1/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niphlod,

I'm using nginx, uwsgi, ubuntu setup as well. And restarting the uwsgi-emperor caused all my apps to fail with

Internal error

Ticket issued: unrecoverable

I need to get the apps back without having to reinstall everything...

Newbie question… where can I find web2py2.xml to remove the vacuum directive you mentioned? Anything else I need to do? Thanks!

lyn2py

Jul 1, 2014, 8:54:09 AM7/1/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the noise, I have resolved it after some mucking around. For those who run into similar situations, you may find your answers in the uwsgi.log (errors are logged there)

You may need to muck around to get to it, if yours isn't already at  /var/log/uwsgi/uwsgi.log

Good luck!