Setting up wiki is not as simple as stated in default.py

Rufus

May 17, 2014, 2:27:49 AM5/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to create a wiki on PythonAnywhere, so I did the most straightforward thing.
I went to my site manager, said create simple app.   MyWiki.

edited default.py and changed the index controller to:
return auth_wiki()

save and view

got:

401 UNAUTHORIZED

any clues?

Hi Toni

May 17, 2014, 6:12:26 AM5/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rufus,

I think it should be auth.wiki() instead of auth_wiki().

In views/index.html add {{=content}}.

If you are logged in as admin it should work now.

Anthony

May 17, 2014, 9:58:27 AM5/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
From the book:

At this point no page has been created and in order to create pages you must be logged-in and you must be member of a group called "wiki_editor" or "wiki_author". If you are logged-in as administrator the "wiki_editor" group is created automatically and you are made a member.

Also, it's auth.wiki() rather than auth_wiki().

Anthony

Rufus

May 17, 2014, 3:24:58 PM5/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tips Anthony!

After  I added the groups wiki_editor and wiki_author and put my
signon into those groups, the wiki started working (it appears I have
a bit more to learn about how the wiki works now that it's working),  but
I thought I was administrator at the time and it didn't automatically
set up those groups.

I think a one-sentence additional comment in default.py should mention
these additonal requirements.  (or refer to the documentation in the
manual).

(And yeah, the underscore in "auth_wiki()" was just a posting typo, of course)

Rufus

Anthony

May 17, 2014, 3:35:19 PM5/17/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

I thought I was administrator at the time and it didn't automatically
set up those groups.

You have to be logged into the admin app at the time.

Anthony