web2py hosting services

Blutoh

Sep 15, 2015, 11:48:06 AM9/15/15
to web2py-users
Hi all,

Most of the threads I found regarding Hosting Services seem to be very old.
AFAIK, the only current hosting service is Pythonanywhere.
I found this company, "Planet Host" (http://www.planethost.com/) but I don't get
any response to my inquiries regarding web2py, so I am not sure of they still
offer it.  I have found some services claim to support web2py, but really only
pay it lip service, and can't give the necessary configuration or support.

Are there any other hosting services out there I should know about?  I don't want
to go thru many gyrations just to get web2py to work, I am looking for a service
that is "web2py aware" out of the box and knows how to properly support it.

Thanks,
Blutoh

António Ramos

Sep 15, 2015, 11:58:13 AM9/15/15
to web...@googlegroups.com

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Niphlod

Sep 15, 2015, 12:22:52 PM9/15/15
to web2py-users

Blutoh

Sep 18, 2015, 9:02:56 AM9/18/15
to web2py-users

OK guys,

I checked it out and it looks like Pythonanywhere and Webfaction are the only real web2py hosting games in town.  Thanks for the info, I got enough data to make my choice now.

Grtz,
Blutoh

Dave S

Sep 18, 2015, 1:43:25 PM9/18/15
to web2py-users

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 6:02:56 AM UTC-7, Blutoh wrote:

OK guys,

I checked it out and it looks like Pythonanywhere and Webfaction are the only real web2py hosting games in town.  Thanks for the info, I got enough data to make my choice now.

There are various hosting services mentioned from time to time around here, but many of them are "generic" hosts.  AWS and Google Apps, of course.  I think Digital Ocean was another popular choice.  Heroku seems to be the one that gets the most questions around here, possibly due to the "filesystem reset" behavior that gets mentioned.

/dps