Failing importing .py module that imports .c file

Jaime Sempere

Apr 9, 2014, 4:33:04 PM4/9/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am using Tweepy which uses ssl, and developing on GAE.

I donwload Tweepy and put the folder on /modules... then it failed due to I needed ssl module too. I did the same, and then it failed again:

ImportError: Cannot import module '_ssl2'

_ssl2 is a .c file that is in /modules/ssl/_ssl2.c

I think web2py is looking for python module instead of _ssl2.c

How could I solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Niphlod

Apr 9, 2014, 5:12:02 PM4/9/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
simply put, GAE doesn't allow any python package that includes c extensions.

usually, there are alternatives for "famous" packages that solve with pure python what c extensions do in the "original" package. A simple google search for "tweepy gae" brought up this https://github.com/firelabi/tweepy-gae

Jaime Sempere

Apr 10, 2014, 8:00:37 AM4/10/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, Niphlod!

I didn't know that about GAE, my "excuses".

You rock, web2py rocks, and this group rocks :)