import

lucas

Nov 17, 2021, 4:30:31 PM11/17/21
to web2py-users
hello one and all,

this is not a web2py question or issue.  but, since many are python experts, i thought i'd ask.

are there any other ways to import a module or package other then the "import" or "from...import..." statements?  i ask because i'm allowing programming on my web2py website and i don't want any accessing packages like os or sys.

thank you in advance and have a great day, lucas

Dave S

Dec 2, 2021, 4:34:52 AM12/2/21
to web2py-users
I believe web2py uses a custom importer, and I know of at least one other o/s project that does that (originally Py2, but now Py3).  AIUI, this is a subclassing thing, but look through gluon for the actual implementation.

/dps