How to add command line arguments to web2py when it is running as an application pool on IIS?

Davidiam

Aug 27, 2021, 2:30:34 AM8/27/21
to web2py-users
Hi web2py folks,

I would like to add a command line argument to the startup of web2py which is running on an IIS web server.  Can someone tell me the place where I need to add those parameters on the IIS?

Kind Regards,
David

Dave S

Aug 30, 2021, 11:59:31 PM8/30/21
to web2py-users
I can't, but perhaps the archives can help.  One of the long-time masters, Simone, ran IIS configurations and sometimes discussed his setups.  Use the search string "https://groups.google.com/g/web2py/search?q=author%3ANiphlod" to see his posts.  (There are a lot; he did the Scheduler and also the JWT implementation, so you may want to refine the search.)

/dps

Niphlod

Sep 1, 2021, 4:35:35 AM9/1/21
to web2py-users
what command line argument, specifically ?

Davidiam

Sep 1, 2021, 5:12:29 AM9/1/21
to web...@googlegroups.com
I would like to increase the timeout parameters to see if it resolves some issues we are having with internal server error messages.

Sep 2, 2021, 3:34:56 AM9/2/21
to web2py-users
the timeout is part of rocket webserver, not web2py. if you're running fastcgi, that's where you want to set a timeout: as configuration in IIS (see  python - How do I stop FastCGI process exceeding the configured request timeout - Stack Overflow  or something like that )

Dave S

Sep 2, 2021, 4:09:29 AM9/2/21
to web2py-users
Good to hear from you again!  Keeping busy?

/dps

Davidiam

Sep 6, 2021, 4:54:10 AM9/6/21
to web2py-users
Thanks, I was out for a week and just see your reply now.  I will try that.

Davidiam

Sep 10, 2021, 2:08:30 AM9/10/21
to web2py-users
We tried the parameters that were recommended in the link of @Niphlod 's post, but the error is still occurring.  What is strange is the error occurs after only about 3 seconds, so there may be something else happening here.

I will try to get the developer to comment on this thread as he knows best what he is doing.

Kind Regards,
David