Export issues

Mirko

Jan 31, 2014, 3:17:42 AM1/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I downloaded web2py from trunk on Jan 29th and I found some issues with export.

Here's the use case:

db.define_table('gender',Field('sex'),format='%(sex)s')
db
.define_table('friend',Field('forename'),Field('gender_id','reference gender'),format='%(forename)s')

def manage_friends():
    grid
= SQLFORM.grid(db.friend)

return locals()

The problem is that the sex gender string is retrieved along with the forename string for html and tsv exports, but not for csv, xml and json exports.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks a lot,

- Mirko

Alan Etkin

Jan 31, 2014, 4:45:28 AM1/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I downloaded web2py from trunk on Jan 29th and I found some issues with export.

Did you have a consistent output on earlier versions?

Mirko

Jan 31, 2014, 4:58:47 AM1/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
No, same behavior with web2py 2.5.1-stable

Alan Etkin

Jan 31, 2014, 5:43:33 AM1/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
No, same behavior with web2py 2.5.1-stable

Then I think it should be fixed in trunk. Can you file an issue?

Mirko Scavazzin

Jan 31, 2014, 5:55:29 AM1/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
ok I will