sessions folder under application

Vlad

Jul 5, 2022, 11:44:35 PM7/5/22
to web2py-users
I was checking memory usage and noticed that the sessions folder (under one specific application) takes over 1G of disk space. Can I just delete everything in there? Trying to clean up the space to optimize disk usage -

Jim S

Jul 6, 2022, 9:19:53 AM7/6/22
to web2py-users
I believe that you can.

However, this will invalidate all active sessions and all active users will have to log in again.

Are there date stamps you can use to delete old session files but keep current ones?

-Jim

Eliezer (Vlad) Tseytkin

Jul 6, 2022, 9:22:43 AM7/6/22
to web...@googlegroups.com
Invalidating existing sessions is not a problem; they can login again. As long as it doesn't break things...

Thank you, Jim!

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Niphlod

Jul 7, 2022, 4:07:02 AM7/7/22
to web2py-users
there's an handy session cleaner   web2py/sessions2trash.py at master · web2py/web2py (github.com) and a whole section in the docs  web2py - Deployment recipes

Eliezer (Vlad) Tseytkin

Jul 7, 2022, 8:06:13 AM7/7/22
to web...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I missed this section.
Thank you very much

Dave S

Jul 13, 2022, 7:22:09 PM7/13/22
to web2py-users
On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 1:07:02 AM UTC-7 Niphlod wrote:
there's an handy session cleaner   web2py/sessions2trash.py at master · web2py/web2py (github.com) and a whole section in the docs  web2py - Deployment recipes

Hey, Stefan, hope you're keeping well!

(and I've often appreciated that script, too)

/dps