Is there such a thing as a reliable, managed web2py/PostgreSQL host with good support?

Tom Campbell

Feb 16, 2019, 3:20:23 AM2/16/19
to web2py-users
Need managed, reliable hosting for a mission critical app that hits the eBay API at specified times. It's a generic CRUD app except that scheduled tasks (written in Go) must be run with 1 second accuracy, no more than 200/second at peak times.

I am a pretty terrible sysadmin so my strong preference is that both the Python and PostgreSQL servers be managed. Outages are not welcome because our customers depend on us to hit eBay at the specified tie. And because I'm terrible, responsive support is a huge plus. Doesn't have to be real time, but I'd like 1 business day turnaround.

Considering Pythonanywhere, possible with DigitalOcean using its new managed PostgreSQL offering. Or maybe just Pythonanywhere exclusively.

My experience with a paid GAE account was not good service-wise. Has anyone experienced semi-decent support for a paid account at Amaazon, Microsoft, Heroku, or any other managed host?