getting pythonic ducks in line

Dave S

Dec 15, 2017, 5:08:30 PM12/15/17
to web2py-users

I needed to run PDFMiner, and the Python on my development machine was too old (2.7.5, I think).  I grabbed the tar.gz, did

./config
make
sudo make install

and did a soft link from /usr/bin/python to the resulting /usr/local/bin/python.  Now I'm getting tickets about no driver available.  sqlite3.py is supposedly "shipped with" since 2.5, but I must have missed something when building.  Does anyone out there have a spare clue for me?

Also, the build seems to have missed getting the bash edit keys enabled in interactive mode ... suggestions welcome.

/dps

Val K

Dec 16, 2017, 3:03:00 AM12/16/17
to web2py-users

Dave S

Dec 18, 2017, 5:25:05 PM12/18/17
to web2py-users

Thanks for that.  It seems one of the keys is to have sqlite3_development headers.  Unfortunately, that make install I did seems to have screwed up yum, and I can't find the old python.  This may be my cue to put on a fresher version of the OS.

/dps