web2py/pydal.Download uploaded file error when the original filename of uploaded file is chinese cha

Yibing Liu

Mar 1, 2017, 9:52:54 PM3/1/17
to web2py-users
I am using web2py. I cloned the latest version of pydal. I define a 'upload' field in my table. Then I upload a image whose filename is chinese character. Everything seems ok so far. However when I try to access the uploaded file with the download function, I get a server error. I have found two solutions to avoid this error. The first solution is changing the fllename to english character, the second solution is downgradeing the pydal to the older version embedded in web2py(2.14.6,release at May,10,2016). So I guess something is wrong in the latest pydal when handling filename with chinese character. Hope to get your answer. Thank you.

Marlysson Silva

Mar 2, 2017, 6:01:10 AM3/2/17
to web2py-users
Appers some error ticket with a message? Or just just "server error" ..

Yibing Liu

Mar 6, 2017, 2:28:28 AM3/6/17
to web2py-users
https://github.com/web2py/web2py/pull/1575 solved this problem.

在 2017年3月2日星期四 UTC+8下午7:01:10,Marlysson Silva写道: