Azure deployment recommendations?

Brian M

May 24, 2017, 10:10:48 PM5/24/17
to web2py-users
I'm looking to try deploying a web2py app on Azure. Is the route mentioned here still the best approach? Since running scheduled tasks will be a significant part of the app, has anybody tried using the web2py scheduler (as a Windows service via NSSM) on Azure? Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian M

Dave S

May 25, 2017, 1:03:35 AM5/25/17
to web2py-users

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 7:10:48 PM UTC-7, Brian M wrote:
I'm looking to try deploying a web2py app on Azure. Is the route mentioned here still the best approach? Since running scheduled tasks will be a significant part of the app, has anybody tried using the web2py scheduler (as a Windows service via NSSM) on Azure? Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian M

I understand that Azure allows Linux guests, so you may not be stuck with NSSM.

/dps

Brian M

May 25, 2017, 9:11:39 AM5/25/17
to web2py-users
Yes, if necessary I could run a Linux VM in Azure but since everything else is Windows based just sticking with that would be easiest. We could go for a full Windows VM in Azure too but I was hoping to be able to give it a go with the Web App Service and not have to worry about maintaining the OS. Perhaps the scheduler can be run as a WebJob, looks like you can run command line stuff with that so maybe just the usual scheduler commandline invocation without the need for nssm?

Brian