Getting Log details

Research Kamal

Nov 28, 2014, 5:42:32 AM11/28/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

I have an web2py framework and it is very good, and i want to know about some details like how to get user logs details, errors details, user management details and administration management.

Thanks
Mohemed

Research Kamal

Dec 1, 2014, 1:49:54 AM12/1/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi anybody knows how to view the log details in web2py framework?

Let me know, i am waiting for the reply

Dave S

Dec 5, 2014, 12:36:44 AM12/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 10:49:54 PM UTC-8, Research Kamal wrote:
Hi anybody knows how to view the log details in web2py framework?

Let me know, i am waiting for the reply

The httpserver.log file is in the web2py directory.  I can look at mine with less.  For the user management stuff, I only know what I've read in the book:

<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control>

and that the auth tables are normally visible in the appadmin database view.

In the design view, the navbar menu includes a link to the error ticket system, although for unticketed errors you might find yourself looking at the console.

/dps

Massimo Di Pierro

Dec 7, 2014, 11:00:11 AM12/7/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Mind that only if you use the built-in rocket server.

Dave S

Dec 8, 2014, 1:47:18 PM12/8/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 8:00:11 AM UTC-8, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
Mind that only if you use the built-in rocket server.

An important caveat.

In <http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13/deployment-recipes>

you point out the Apache logs, for instance, are in
{/var/log/apache2/}

/dps

chuan

Dec 8, 2014, 2:54:00 PM12/8/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
For debugging, you may copy logging.conf from web2py/examples/logging.example.conf, and use python logger inside your code. The logs goes into web2py/logs/xxx.log, where xxx is configurable.

Research Kamal

Dec 8, 2014, 9:15:23 PM12/8/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
so, if we configure web2py with apache it won't give result right

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Mohemed Kamaludeen

Niphlod

Dec 9, 2014, 5:32:38 PM12/9/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
there are two kind of logs.
"every request gets traced here" --> httpserver.log mimics apache's access.log when using the builtin webserver. of course when running on apache httpsever.log isn't needed
web2py and application logging --> logging.conf and logging (python module) calls... this will happen when running web2py either in the builtin webserver or in any other fashion.