Re: Pack all in GAE

Massimo Di Pierro

Apr 28, 2013, 10:38:35 AM4/28/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
There is no way to get data out using web2py only because of the datastore limitations.
You have to use this to get the data out:
then use a script to put the data in your local db.

On Sunday, 28 April 2013 03:07:55 UTC-5, Antonio Jesús Alba Boza wrote:
Hi all,
I was trying to migrate a web2py application from a windows local server to a virtual ubuntu environment. Certainly, it worked perfectly without problems.
Now, I like to migrate other application from Google App Engine to this ubuntu server, and I had hopes to use w2p pack also, but, logically, gae raise me a "Read only file system" error.
There are any way to use blobstore to store temporarily the w2py pack or stream the file instead of write it in the filesystem?

Otherwise, what is the best way to migrate database content? Using CSV export/import functionality?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio Jesús Alba Boza

Apr 28, 2013, 3:48:36 PM4/28/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your reply, Massimo.
I will, greetings.