Help in server config

Carlos Correia

Aug 30, 2014, 3:25:08 PM8/30/14

After migrating a web2py tree with several apps from one server to the other, I found that in the new server I had to put a symbolic link in admin/static to itself with the release name prefixed by an underscore in order to get a "normal" (css/js) admin interface, i.e., in applications/admin/static:

ln -s . _2.9.5

because the HTML generated have tags like this:

<script src="/admin/static/_2.9.5/js/jquery.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>

I also noticed that one particular application stopped losing sessions in one of its controllers. All the other apps are working fine.

Both servers are running Debian wheezy, though the previous one (which wasn't fully configured by me) is running in a virtualenv.

Both servers are running apache + wsgi (same config, except for the certificate, which was a new one).

My question is: any one has a hint of where should I look to fix this?

Carlos Correia

Aug 31, 2014, 10:45:18 AM8/31/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

Reinstalled in a virtual machine with the same config (Debian wheezy+apache+wsgi), just to confirm. Please take a look at the way the admin interface looks :(

Why is web2py rendering the links like this (
<script src="/admin/static/_2.9.5/js/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>)?

I would appreciate very much any help.

Thanks,

Sábado, 30 de Agosto de 2014 20:25:08 UTC+1, Carlos Correia escreveu:
Hi,

After migrating a web2py tree with several apps from one server to the other, I found that in the new server I had to put a symbolic link in admin/static to itself with the release name prefixed by an underscore in order to get a "normal" (css/js) admin interface, i.e., in applications/admin/static:

ln -s _2.9.5 .
server-1.png

Niphlod

Aug 31, 2014, 12:28:20 PM8/31/14