uploading a csv file and read it with python module pandas

Gaston

Mar 19, 2014, 9:50:15 AM3/19/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I am statistician and new in web2py.
I tried to build an application that allows users to:
  • upload a csv file in the database (my file)
  • and click a link where some automated analyses have been attached using the python module pandas with (import pandas as pd)

In the db.py, I have
db.define_table('mytable',Field('myfile','upload'))

In the default.py I have the below lines
def stat():
   data=pd.read.csv('myfile')

I received the following error:

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>('module' object has no attribute 'read')

Great if someone could help. Thanks. Gaston

greaneym

Mar 20, 2014, 7:10:13 AM3/20/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Gastron,

try using read_csv instead of read.csv?

data = read_csv('csvfiles/train.csv')

this syntax works for me.

Margaret

Anthony

Mar 20, 2014, 9:35:50 AM3/20/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Something like:

    record = db.mytable(id)
    data
= pd.read_csv(db.mytable.myfile.retrieve(record.myfile)[1])

Anthony

Gaston

Mar 20, 2014, 1:21:10 PM3/20/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Margaret. But the idea was to get a csv file (with pandas) already uploaded by users

Gaston

Mar 21, 2014, 3:52:18 AM3/21/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anthony.

Then, in db.py
db.define_table('mytable',Field('myfile','upload'))

and in default.py
def stat():
    record=db.mytable(id)
    data = pd.read_csv(db.mytable.myfile.retrieve(record.myfile)[1]

But I got the following error message
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>('NoneType' object has no attribute 'myfile')

Sorry for my poor understanding of how the database works. Could you direct me to a manual or tutorial for beginners so I can learn these issues.

Thanks

Anthony

Mar 21, 2014, 11:06:48 PM3/21/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
That wasn't complete code. You'll have to define "id" somewhere, and it should be the record ID of a record in the db.mytable table.

Anthony

Gaston C

Mar 24, 2014, 4:39:10 AM3/24/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anthony once more. I should really read the tutorial before going further.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com