running a web2py application on different os

Luis

Apr 4, 2013, 11:03:37 AM4/4/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
  • Hello web2py users,

Out of convenience, I was copying a web2py application created in Windows to my home computer (a mac and a debian vm). When I try to run it, it does start well but images cached from openlayers, mainly the background map, render with tiles far apart from each other. The application runs well on Windows 7, but not on Mac and Linux. The app code is exactly the same (.py, html and js). Does anyone have any hints as for where I need to start checking? Is is safe to copy entire apps from one OS to another and expect it to run well (assuming the db systems and contents are the same)? The issue, so far is during the rendering of images (I use Firefox most of the time).

Thanks in advance for your time,

Luis

Niphlod

Apr 4, 2013, 11:23:25 AM4/4/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
I doubt it's a web2py problem ... you should check for users hitting the same behaviour using openlayers on different OSes ... probably it's a matter of css .

Luis

Apr 4, 2013, 1:27:21 PM4/4/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I checked my web2py versions and they are the same. I'll take a more careful look at the js within applications.

Luis

Apr 5, 2013, 12:30:44 AM4/5/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
It turned out that the 2.12 version of openlayers was giving me issues with rendering default base map tiles. I switched to 2.11 and problem solved.