My SQLFORM() is not saving anything after putting my APP online

mostwanted

Oct 19, 2018, 8:56:59 AM10/19/18
to web2py-users
Before taking my application online i was able to save information via my SQLFORM(db.logs) but after putting it online It does not save anything!

This is the controller code:
def index():
    form
=SQLFORM(db.vehicleLogging)

if form.accepts(request.vars, session):
        response
.flash = T("Record Made")

elif form.errors:
        response
.flash = T('Error')

return locals()

I am using web2py version 2.17.2: I am mentioning this but i don't know if it will help.

Is there something wrong with my above code?

Regards:

Mostwanted

sandeep patel

Oct 19, 2018, 9:38:04 AM10/19/18
to web...@googlegroups.com
Try this
def index():
    form
=SQLFORM(db.vehicleLogging)

if form.process().accepted:
        response.flash = T("Record Made")

elif form.errors:
        response
.flash = T('Error')

return locals()

In form.process().accepted does not need request.vars and session arguments.

Best/
sp

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

mostwanted

Oct 20, 2018, 3:21:01 AM10/20/18
to web2py-users
Thanks

Anthony

Oct 22, 2018, 9:29:10 AM10/22/18
to web2py-users
On Friday, October 19, 2018 at 9:38:04 AM UTC-4, sandeep patel wrote:
Try this
def index():
    form
=SQLFORM(db.vehicleLogging)

if form.process().accepted:
        response.flash = T("Record Made")

elif form.errors:
        response
.flash = T('Error')

return locals()

In form.process().accepted does not need request.vars and session arguments.

Note, form.process().accepted is equivalent to form.accepts(request, session), so if one fails, so will the other.

If the submission is failing silently, most likely the verification of the CSRF token is failing, which could indicate a problem with the session cookie not being sent back.

Anthony