winpdb

mdipierro

Nov 26, 2008, 9:32:05 AM11/26/08
to web2py Web Framework
Has anybody tried winpdb with web2py?

Massimo

DenesL

Nov 27, 2008, 11:25:08 AM11/27/08
to web2py Web Framework
No, but I just downloaded it and it looks good.
Thanks for the link.

Yarko Tymciurak

Dec 1, 2008, 1:47:24 AM12/1/08
to web...@googlegroups.com
Verdict?

DenesL

Dec 2, 2008, 11:19:23 AM12/2/08
to web2py Web Framework
So far so good, but not enough usage for a definitive answer.

Some notes:

- Default installation of both packages (winpdb & wxPython unicode
version) ran smoothly on win2003 and XP.

- Insert the following statement in your code to trace it:
import rpdb2; rpdb2.start_embedded_debugger('password')

Call the func from the browser (it will "hang") then start winpdb and
using File/Attach enter the password from above, select the waiting
code and you can use the trace controls (next, step into, etc.).
To see current values enter eval(x) on the command line at the bottom.
You can also use exec.

- I keep waiting for a timeout to happen but as I said, I haven't used
it enough (yet).