Unable to run web2py_no_console.exe (v2.14.6)

Arglanir

Jun 13, 2016, 4:23:19 PM6/13/16
to web2py-users
Hello everyone,
I just unpacked the last version into an empty folder. Then I try to launch using a command line:
  •  web2py_no_console.exe
  •  web2py_no_console.exe -p 8003
  •  web2py_no_console.exe -p 8003 -i 0.0.0.0
  •  web2py_no_console.exe -p 8003 -i 0.0.0.0 -a <password> -l web2py.log -d web2py.pid
But everytime I see in the process manager that this program stops after 1 or 2 seconds.
If I go to the URL where it's supposed to be accessible, there is no response as is to be expected.
The files web2py.log and web2py.pid are not produced.

Web2py.exe by the way works totally as expected.

What can I do in order to get more information on this problem?

I use Windows 10 professional 64 bits.

(Note that I have also no tested every release since the start of web2py... the last time I tried it and it worked was with web2py version... 2.2.1 (-: )

Marlysson Silva

Jun 14, 2016, 7:10:45 AM6/14/16
to web2py-users
Try to download the source version of code, there are a file .py that it's possible executable from terminal without problems , and still can to see the code of framework , the windows version just have .exe and the code (framework) stay obfuscated.

Arglanir

Jun 14, 2016, 3:21:22 PM6/14/16
to web2py-users
Thank you. As I said, web2py.exe works.
The goal is to deploy web2py on Windows computers that may not have any Python installed. So web2py.py will not be executable on them.

Am I the only one that has this problem ? I reproduced this problem on a laptop using Windows 7 I think.

Arglanir

Jun 15, 2016, 1:55:08 AM6/15/16
to web2py-users
In the meantime I have updated my launching script in order to start web2py.exe minimized, if web2py_no_console.exe does not create a "web2py.pid" file.