Appadmin redirect after upgrading to 2.9.7

Luciano Laporta Podazza

Sep 5, 2014, 3:34:12 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was developing an application with web2py 2.9.5-trunk+timestamp.2014.03.29.21.54.41 and appadmin worked fine until I upgraded to latest 2.9.7.

Now when I access appadmin for ANY app(welcome, examples, my app, etc) it redirects to admin and nothing happens.

Tried cleaning everything, even deleting the entire database and starting from scratch and nothing happened.

Any ideas about this?. Thanks in advance.

Niphlod

Sep 5, 2014, 3:58:11 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
are you behind a proxy ?

Luciano Laporta Podazza

Sep 5, 2014, 4:00:01 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niphlod,

No, I'm working locally and no proxies at all. Why you ask?

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Atte
Luciano Laporta Podazza

Luciano Laporta Podazza

Sep 5, 2014, 4:05:02 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I've just get back to 2.9.5 and appadmin works. I'm confused :P

Niphlod

Sep 5, 2014, 4:06:24 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
because the only change we made was making the access to appadmin more secure when web2py is behind a proxy.

However, if you get redirected to admin it shouldn't matter, as the "change" would affect you accessing admin also.
Seeing the code of appadmin.py (assuming is the latest from 2.9.7) the redirection is made on line 54. Look at those conditions and add a few log (or print) statements to pinpoint the root cause.

Dragan Matic

Sep 5, 2014, 7:23:00 PM9/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
+1 Here. It does the same thing to me, 2.9.7 appadmin redirects to web2py admin. 2.9.6 is working correctly.

Niphlod

Sep 6, 2014, 7:56:54 AM9/6/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
ok. it hasn't anything to do with the "more security" change. It has to do with the new session storage behaviour. Filing an issue right now, shouldn't be hard to fix

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 6, 2014, 7:11:03 PM9/6/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Possible fix in trunk. Can you help test it?

Luciano Laporta Podazza

Sep 6, 2014, 7:14:49 PM9/6/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Right now! :), I'll get back to you with results.

Cheers.

Luciano Laporta Podazza

Sep 6, 2014, 7:19:31 PM9/6/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Same issue :(, as mentioned before, tried testing default apps and my app and it redirects to admin page.

olivier hubert

Sep 7, 2014, 4:45:45 AM9/7/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I encounter exactly the same issue if you try to open the db administration page in a app.

Massimo Di Pierro

Sep 7, 2014, 11:34:04 AM9/7/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
This is now solved in 2.9.8