smartgrid - display linked_tables link as a dropdown button instead

Jim S

Jan 17, 2013, 4:14:59 PM1/17/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have a number of smartgrids built where the number of linked tables is pushing the other edit/delete buttons off the right of the page.  I'm wondering if there is a simple way that I've missed where you can put your linked_table links into a dropdown button of different 'actions' you could perform on the row.  Seems like this should be easy with the fancy twitter bootstrap buttons available.  Also, can I override the default buttons (display/edit/delete) with some twitter bootstrap buttons?

Should this be an enhancement request?

Simon Ashley

Jan 19, 2013, 9:38:38 PM1/19/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Its high on our list as well.
That plus a denser edit/create/view layout similar to Scubism's Solid Form.

Niphlod

Jan 20, 2013, 8:56:37 AM1/20/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
i know that this can't be a full solution (and I haven't seen a screenshot of those grids) but at least having buttons on the left side should work better..... did you try with button_placement = 'left' ?
also, for bootstrap customization, can't it be achieved using the ui dict ?

PS: if you can came up with a "proof of concept" (even a screenshot) it may help to code that into SQLFORM.grid directly.

Simon Ashley

Jan 20, 2013, 9:07:55 PM1/20/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
My original post hasn't turned up yet, so this may be a duplicate. There was an earlier request (last year) by Massimo, with code written by Martin Mulone to address the dropdown button issue. It may have slipped through the system and never implemented.

in...@softmanufacture.com

Jul 6, 2015, 11:22:21 AM7/6/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have 7 actions per row so it would be great to have actions dropdown.
Please find attached patch for bootstrap theme.
for Version 2.11.2-stable+timestamp.2015.05.30.16.33.24
sqlhtml.patch