Debug Web2py with Wing IDE

Omri Levy

Jun 25, 2014, 2:16:40 PM6/25/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I asked Wing support the following question:

 I am using Web2py framework. I saw a video that says the Wing can
debug a running python code no matter if it launched it itself. When
reading this: http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/web2py
I see that I can only debug Web2py in a way that I need to rerun the
server from Wing for each time I hit 'Debug'. Is there any better way to
do it?

They replied:
This is our recommended approach because of the difficulties reloading code in Python.  Does web2py have code reloading?  It's been some time since I worked with it.  Or does it have a master process that spawns a new sub process when things change?  django and some other frameworks work this way.

Do someone know what is the answer to these two questions?

Thanks!

Massimo Di Pierro

Jun 27, 2014, 2:00:47 AM6/27/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
None of them web2py loads and exec's modes and controller codes at every request. Not sure that qualifies as "code realoding".
We do not do what Django does because that only works when you use the built-in web server and not in production with, for example, nginx.

Massimo