db structure graphical analysis tool

Jurgis Pralgauskis

Jul 7, 2017, 7:19:32 AM7/7/17
to web2py-users
Hi,

in our DB we have ~300 tables. So I hacked into graph_model to filter  shown tables/fields.
It was very helpfull for me when I joined the project with so many tables.
The most common use case -- searching for possible join-paths between two tables, but also can filter by (fragments of) tablenames.

It shows SVG by default (less memory consumption than png),
and tables are hyperlinked to their admin pages.

Also made beta plugin (the code is quite dirty and  not optimal, but does the job : ).

Would be glad if someone finds it usefull :)
ps.: what is the best way to distribute it? http://www.web2pyslices.com/ seems to be frozen for 1 year..

António Ramos

Jul 7, 2017, 9:35:35 AM7/7/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
+1 good job

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Paolo Valleri

Jul 8, 2017, 9:27:32 AM7/8/17
to web2py-users
Hi Jurgis,
web2py master has recently switched from pygraphviz to a js based solution. I would suggest you to adapt your change with current master branch and then publish a PR for an integration.

Paolo
+1 good job

Richard Vézina

Oct 3, 2018, 9:34:26 AM10/3/18
to web2py-users
Does the old appreciate pygraphviz still work out of the box??

I thought we would keep support for it??

Thanks

Richard