How to create Testimonials page using web2py?

Jayakumar Bellie

Oct 7, 2013, 11:58:06 AM10/7/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have anyone created a testimonial page using web2py?

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 7, 2013, 4:26:56 PM10/7/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
What's a testimonial page?

Dave S

Oct 7, 2013, 6:06:27 PM10/7/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
My first thought is a page that visitors could use to post descriptions of the person who is the "guest of honor" of the testimonial page.  I'm thinking of the context of "remembering the deceased", and such a page might occur in conjunction with an online obituary or a funeral home (or mortuary or even a church) as part of the announcement of a client's internment.

I'd think that a starting point would be the examples for posting comments to an article, as in section 3.3 of the manual ("An Image Blog"), but with the following changes:

a) visitors would not have to have an account, although listing an email address is a common requirement
b) comments would not be displayed to other visitors immediately, but would be vetted before release (add an "approved-by" field to the db)
c) only admin users could approve or remove entries.

(The same considerations would apply if the "guest of honor" was still alive, and this was in preparation for a ceremonial occasion ... perhaps a dinner ... celebrating the awarding of some official honor.)

/dps

Dave S

Oct 7, 2013, 6:21:38 PM10/7/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
For the online version of the book, comments start showing up just before

/dps

黄祥

Oct 7, 2013, 8:12:45 PM10/7/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
had you already checked web2py appliances?

ref:

best regards,
stifan