Migration not creating a table

Oasis Agano

Oct 31, 2017, 6:44:30 AM10/31/17
to web2py-users
Hi

I am facing an issue of table migration where my table is not being created
in the database,

i have changed migrate to* migrate='tablename.table'*,
deleted the *tablename.table* inside the database folder,
set *fake_migrations to true* but the issue is still coming.

In the *appadmin* section of w2p i can see the table and in the *database*/
folder i can see 4 new tables created(i think its due to auth signature
because they are named tablename.table, tablename.tableauthcas.table...).
but when i open it the error appears
"
raise errorclass, errorvalue

ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'database.table' doesn't exist")
"

and inside the mysql console the table is indeed not there.

Im i missing something?

Dave S

Oct 31, 2017, 3:44:46 PM10/31/17
to web2py-users

I'm not answering directly, sorry, except that if mysql doesn't have the table you may want migrate instead of fake_migrate.

You've probably read these parts of the user manual already, but in case others find this thread in a search,
I want the links to be here.

<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#migrate--fake_migrate>
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#Fixing-broken-migrations>
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#Migration-control-summary>