web2py | video course | license terms

Jay B

Nov 1, 2019, 7:27:53 PM11/1/19
to web2py-users
Hello guys,

I have become familiar with web2py over the last months and am now playing with the idea of creating a video course.

However, I have been wondering for quite some time why there is no current video course on web2py. The only useful video material are the videos from Massimo on Vimeo. They are very informative, but sometimes a bit exhausting to watch, because they are very long and there is no table of contents with time stamp. Also, the video quality is not the best.

Now I'm wondering if there are any licensing restrictions for creating a commercial video course. I looked at the LGPLv3, but I can't really figure it out, because it only refers to web2py as a framework, but not to it, if the framework is used as visual material for a course.

It would be nice if someone could explain to me if and what there is to consider.

Many thanks in advance.

Friendly greetings
Jay

Massimo Di Pierro

Nov 2, 2019, 10:48:34 PM11/2/19
to web2py-users
No license restriction. if you do it I will be happy to link it.

Massimo Di Pierro

Nov 2, 2019, 10:48:57 PM11/2/19
to web2py-users
No license restriction. if you do it I will be happy to link it.

Massimo Di Pierro

Nov 2, 2019, 10:50:44 PM11/2/19
to web2py-users
The only reason for the LGPL is to prevent companies to change the name of the framework, claim they made it, and sell it.
Every other use with acknowledgement is permitted.