A Question about Performance of web2py

jTony

Apr 6, 2016, 2:19:50 AM4/6/16
to web2py-users
  • I want my web2py application to contact a second web server and get some information from it .This will be needed for most of the requests I get from my clients . I can use any python HTTP libraries to get info from others servers  but is concerned if it affects the performance of web2py badly and prevents scalability. Any thoughts

Niphlod

Apr 6, 2016, 2:36:30 AM4/6/16
to web2py-users
translation to make you realize how much of a silly question that is:

Every call to my application will need to do an additional step and use an external service: is this call gonna cost me performance ?

silly reply:

yes, of course, and if the external service is not scalable nor your app will be.

now, for the reply anyone would give you: you can't do anything about it if you NEED to contact the external service.

Leonel Câmara

Apr 6, 2016, 6:23:38 AM4/6/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yeah like Niphlod said, I wouldn't worry about web2py at all, in that instance, web2py will not be the bottleneck, getting data from that other server will. So just cache the hell out of the calls to make as little requests as possible, load the stuff you need the communication for using ajax so the rest of the page can show while you get it to make it seem faster, etc.