Unable to acces admin app in production

Julien Courteau

Jan 27, 2014, 7:47:58 PM1/27/14
After I tried to upgrade to version 2.8.2-stable 2013.11.23 13.54.07 from the admin application (the upgrade button), I no longer have access
to the admin app: the ticket produced refer to an "import error" concerning gluon.tools.Config from the admin/default.py controller.
I tried to upgrade "manually" with the same result. The site is till accessible as usual.
Any clue?
Thanks.

It seems to me that we need to wipe out the web2py folder before unziping the new version...

Richard Vézina

Jan 27, 2014, 8:46:59 PM1/27/14
to web2py-users
Did you backup before?

You probably need to update a couple of file that are web2py specific in static/ all the js, in views/ the generic views and the web2py_ajax also in you case the appadmin.py controller must be update...

You migrate from which version...

If you search the list there is a post from me about all the app files that should be update on web2py update...

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Julien Courteau

Jan 28, 2014, 7:54:46 PM1/28/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes I did a backup before.

I updated from 2.3 to 2.8.2. The only way I found to
get the admin work again is to remove the
web2py folder before unzipping the new version.
I had the same problem with my local version.

I'll take a look to your post...

Thanks.

Richard Vézina

Jan 29, 2014, 9:18:16 AM1/29/14
to web2py-users
Make a clean update : package your app clear web2py install the new version set permissions on folder correctly then install your app see if it works, patch it if not and update the web2py files inside your app...

:)

Richard