extra_fields to be shown in the view

Hans Soflao

Jun 22, 2016, 7:58:45 PM6/22/16
to web2py-users
Hi, this maybe a simple question, but I couldn't find any answer for it:
Is it possible to show the extra fields created in the view?
What I mean is that when I use auth.settings.extra_fields, this creates new fields for auth_user in the database but it does not show it in the view.
If I want to add a new entry beside email and password, is the only way to use custom form?

Thanks for the help

Anthony

Jun 22, 2016, 8:28:13 PM6/22/16
to web2py-users
Presumably when you defined the fields, you did not set writable=False. Which view are you talking about -- the registration page? Extra fields should show up there if writable.

Anthony

Hans Soflao

Jun 22, 2016, 9:07:51 PM6/22/16
to web2py-users