Image upload, translate, crop, resize options?

pumplerod

Mar 20, 2015, 3:54:49 PM3/20/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to find an easy to implement, UI friendly method for allowing users to upload an image at the time of creating their account which will provide translation, resize, and crop options for their profile pic.

I've read through a number of separate jQuery options and have tried to implement a couple without success (this, most likely, due to my perfunctory coding skills).  I'm wondering how many others may have already implemented this sort of functionality and if there is a recommended methodology or existing library.

Dave S

Mar 20, 2015, 4:44:00 PM3/20/15
to web...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 12:54:49 PM UTC-7, pumplerod wrote:
I'm trying to find an easy to implement, UI friendly method for allowing users to upload an image at the time of creating their account which will provide translation, resize, and crop options for their profile pic.

I've read through a number of separate jQuery options and have tried to implement a couple without success (this, most likely, due to my perfunctory coding skills).  I'm wondering how many others may have already implemented this sort of functionality and if there is a recommended methodology or existing library.

Do you want to do the edting at the client or the server?  Interactively or  scrpted?

If on the server and scripted, I'd take a look at the image browser example in the book, and just use a simple form with checkboxes for the options.

/dps

pumplerod

Mar 20, 2015, 6:36:00 PM3/20/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I think I'd like to accomplish this on the client side.  Meaning I'd like the user to interact with the image before submitting the form such that they see the crop as it will be applied.

Something like this "image crop" plugin, which I'm happy to purchase if it's reasonable to implement.