One big app vs. cooperating apps: thoughts? advice?

Cliff Kachinske

Feb 5, 2014, 8:26:48 AM2/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I want a web site something like this:

Home page mostly devoted to marketing.
Menu at the top of the home page has links to, for example, a demo, my blog, other marketing stuff and a login link.

By logging in the user will get access to live applications. The menu will change to reflect the available apps.

I can do this with a single big application or I can create cooperating applications.

Does anyone have thoughts on the pros and cons of each approach? All comments gladly accepted.

Thank you,
Cliff Kachinske

Massimo Di Pierro

Feb 5, 2014, 9:58:21 AM2/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
You would make different applications if they are supposed to be deployed individually and independently. Else you make a single app with difference controllers. If paces are to be user reusable, call those controllers plugin_<something>.

Cliff Kachinske

Feb 5, 2014, 10:30:47 AM2/5/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.