Navbar broken

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz

Jun 28, 2018, 4:08:54 PM6/28/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, the welcome app navbar is broken again in master branch.

Maybe we can define how to fix it once for all.

I mean, things like, why there is a search input?

Greetings.

Anthony

Jun 28, 2018, 6:24:19 PM6/28/18
to web2py-developers
By "navbar", do you mean auth.navbar(), or the entire top navigation of the welcome app? Exactly what is broken? Do you just not want the search box there?

Anthony

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz

Jun 29, 2018, 9:36:37 PM6/29/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anthony, I was talking about the entire top navigation, I send a screenshot.

Greetings.

El 28/06/18 a las 18:24, Anthony escribió:

navbar.png

Anthony

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz

Jun 30, 2018, 8:58:10 AM6/30/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anthony, I am not sure when the changes was made, I have being testing and the issue is for screen sizes >=768 and <= 2271

The cause is the .navbar-brand anchor using the .w-50 class. I think we can use this snippets https://www.codeply.com/go/6P65Rawdw4/bootstrap-4-navbar-center-links-examples to fix it.

About the search input, there is some reason for include it?

Greetings.

El 30/06/18 a las 08:14, Anthony escribió:

details : http://groups.google.com/group/web2py-developers
the project: http://code.google.com/p/web2py/
official : http://www.web2py.com/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "web2py-developers" group.

Anthony

Jun 30, 2018, 2:23:34 PM6/30/18
to web2py-developers
On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 8:58:10 AM UTC-4, Carlos Cesar Caballero wrote:

Hi Anthony, I am not sure when the changes was made, I have being testing and the issue is for screen sizes >=768 and <= 2271

The cause is the .navbar-brand anchor using the .w-50 class. I think we can use this snippets https://www.codeply.com/go/6P65Rawdw4/bootstrap-4-navbar-center-links-examples to fix it.

I think we want the menu to the left, not centered. The search box was previously to the left also (right after the menu), but I think it might be better to the right (i.e., just to the left of the Auth dropdown).

About the search input, there is some reason for include it?

I don't feel strongly about it. I think the idea is just to include some common elements in the layout. It is easy enough to remove anything you don't want.

Anthony

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz

Jul 2, 2018, 7:56:55 AM7/2/18
El 30/06/18 a las 14:23, Anthony escribió:
> I think we want the menu to the left, not centered. The search box was
> previously to the left also (right after the menu), but I think it
> might be better to the right (i.e., just to the left of the Auth
> dropdown).
This kind of things are good to define, when I made changes to menu, it
was left aligned, but last changes make it centered, I am not
particularly against left, middle or right alignment, I just think that
this kind of things should be defined, so everyone will work in the same
direction.

If you ask me, I will say that navbar (as every welcome app frontend
element) should be just like in the Bootstrap documentation, this will
be easier for new users to understand and customize them.

>  I don't feel strongly about it. I think the idea is just to include
> some common elements in the layout. It is easy enough to remove
> anything you don't want.
Personally, as user, I expect that every element of the example or base
app of a fremework just works (with real or fake info), again,
personally, looking to some form don't working at all, make me feel that
there is something wrong with the framework or the app version that I am
using.

Greetings.