[web2py-dev] go py3 reason

Richard

Mar 15, 2018, 4:32:53 PM3/15/18
to web2py-developers
Hello,

I stumble on : asyncpg

Would be nice to support it, no??

Richard

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 15, 2018, 4:57:34 PM3/15/18
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
async a big can of worms. One think it to make the driver work with web2py/pydal. Another is to make web2py/pydal async. The latter would require total refactoring and it is not worth it. async is viral and to work properly would propagate all the way to the user code. We would need a different frameworks that provides tools to users to program in an async way. For example the idea that a controller action simply processes input “returns data” is not async.

Richard Vézina