Closing issues with your commits

Leonel Câmara

Mar 1, 2015, 8:36:34 AM3/1/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
So the other day I fixed issue 819, I noticed it wasn't closed when my pull request 821 was merged and I didn't know how to go about closing it.

Turns out there's a way to do it automatically - by crafting good commit messages the issues are automatically closed when your changes are merged. This make everyone's job easier. In case there are other github retarded folks out there, here's how to do it:

Niphlod

Mar 1, 2015, 12:44:59 PM3/1/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
BTW: when commit messages aren't enough, I try to compensate manually. I'm subscribed to issue updates so, if you see an issue that should be closed, just comment on it and I'll do it for you.