Testing and CI support -- tox

Dave S

Apr 19, 2018, 9:36:20 PM4/19/18
to web2py-developers
I thought I' post a reference to this, recently discovered by browsing through a blog   I am not yet recommending it as a tool for web2py core, or for the site developers interested in testing their code, but it looks (to me) like it is worthy of further investigation.  Supporting multiple virtual environments AND continuous integration looks like an interesting skill set.

<URL:https://tox.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>

The blog entry that led me there is
<URL:https://www.happyassassin.net/2017/02/16/getting-started-with-pagure-ci/>
which is actually about a specific CI environment apparently part of a RedHat  web front end for git repos.
But the blogger does Python projects, so the perspective should be somewhat familiar to web2py devotees.

/dps

Carlos Cesar Caballero Díaz