web2py's css and bootstrap

LightDot

Jun 22, 2012, 10:21:34 PM6/22/12
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Plugin Bootstrap

I'd like to introduce "Plugin Bootstrap". I started using this while developing a front-end and thought it might be useful to someone else, so I polished it a bit and packed it as a simple plugin.

What the plugin does is:

- plugs into welcome app (currently from dev or nightly)
- brings main portions of the Bootstrap's live documentation and examples straight into web2py
- switches from the web2py's bundled Bootstrap to upstream's Bootstrap, on the fly
- switches between all Bootswatch provided Bootstrap variations, on the fly.

This makes it possible to easily observe how web2py's css influences Bootstrap's css. Just open a browser window with original Bootstrap documentation, open another with the same doc page from my plugin, and compare.

The plugin should be useful when applying Bootstrap updates for web2py or when fixing existing web2py/Bootstrap css collisions, etc. Also, it's quite nice to look at all the shiny colours when changing Bootswach styles on the fly...  :)

I have attached some screenshots and the plugin.

Regards,
Ales
plugin_bootstrap_00.png
plugin_bootstrap_01.png
plugin_bootstrap_03.png
plugin_bootstrap_04.png
web2py.plugin.bootstrap.w2p

Dulip Withanage

Jul 14, 2013, 3:22:59 AM7/14/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Thanks, I was loooking for this from a long time. I am totally new to bootstra.
Is binding the following theme possible using your plugin?

http://bootswatch.com/flatly/#

Best,
Dulip

LightDot

Jul 16, 2013, 5:26:44 PM7/16/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't think my plugin (outdated now, I think) will help you with what you want. It was intended to ease some testing a while ago, when Bootstrap was new to web2py, if I recall correctly, nothing else.

If it's just the Bootswatch theme that you wish to apply to a welcome app, simply substitute the Bootstrap files that are included with it, there is nothing else to it. If you have problems doing so, please open a thread on the user list.

Regards,
Ales