Wiki auth settings

Alan Etkin

Jan 27, 2013, 3:08:00 PM1/27/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't think this was implemented yet, and I think that the various customizations that are being required for the auth.wiki feature could be managed this way:

I think the most clear way of customizing the wiki would be:

(after auth initialization, all has default values)

# append the menu to all actions or perhaps also accept a list of urls, default to default/index
auth.settings.wiki_menu = <a list of actions where to add the menu item to response.menu>
# the menu controller and function should be overwritten by controller calls for redirecting to the same action
auth.settings.wiki_controller = <default>
auth.settings.wiki_function = <index>

# What elements related to the slug should auth.wiki expose in the view
auth.settings.wiki_components = <["content",]>

And so on, for any other wiki customization

Massimo DiPierro

Jan 27, 2013, 3:16:53 PM1/27/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I would prefer

wiki = Wiki(auth)
wiki.settings.....

auth.wiki() was always meant as a shortcut and got out of control.

Alan Etkin

Jan 28, 2013, 10:38:20 AM1/28/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
wiki = Wiki(auth)
wiki.settings.....

Agree, but how does auth.wiki handle the predefined object to avoid collisions? I don't think the current code has solved it. Has it?.

massimo....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2013, 10:43:17 AM1/28/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
how about moving auth._wiki=wiki
in Wiki constructor? do we ever need more tha onr wiki object?

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message -------- Subject: Re: [web2py-dev] Wiki auth settings From: Alan Etkin To: web2py-d...@googlegroups.com CC:

wiki = Wiki(auth)
wiki.settings.....

Agree, but how does auth.wiki handle the predefined object to avoid collisions? I don't think the current code has solved it. Has it?.

Alan Etkin

Jan 28, 2013, 12:37:44 PM1/28/13
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
how about moving auth._wiki=wiki

+1 for a one wiki object per request. It's more pythonic. Also I don't belive using more than one instance has some use.