py4web ldap plugin

Maurizio Brilli

Mar 19, 2020, 3:40:57 PM3/19/20
to web2py-developers
Hi Massimo and all!

As I anticipated to some of you, I need to fix py4web's auth ldap plugin to use it in a project at work.

I started to look at the code. There's a lot I need to figure out, but one thing appears to me rather clear: the ldap is the only plugin that expects a db from the settings. The problem is that settings.py doesn't know about the db, while auth does.

So I suppose the plugin should not get the db from settings, but from auth. Am I right?

Awaiting your comments.

Thank you and best regards.

Maurizio

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 19, 2020, 4:36:55 PM3/19/20
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Correct. I will be able to help more during the weekend if needed

Maurizio Brilli

Mar 20, 2020, 10:50:25 AM3/20/20
to web2py-developers
OK, I've done my best. Please, bear with me as it's my first time... For example, I just realized that I remarked a lot of code, then I forgot to delete it...

Anyway, please let me know if my changes look acceptable, or feel free to make any corrections.

Hope I'll hear from you soon.

Ciao
Maurizio