Why do validations for CLS and LCP mobile and desktop consistently fail, when GA web-vitals-report.web.app shows all in GREEN

Hubert Heller

Oct 28, 2022, 1:55:24 PM10/28/22
to web-vital...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am very frustrated and discouraged.

Over the last month I have worked hard to improve my site, made all pages mobile friendly, improved server caching, disabled AdSense AutoAds (causing CLS), optimized above-the-fold images, reduced scripts and improved the code.

On October 19 I finally figured out how to implement https://web-vitals-report.web.app/

As you can see, LCP, FID and CLS (measured in the FIELD through in GA) are all GREEN (see report below)

Nevertheless, my validations are continuing to FAIL.

For example, again today, October 28, 10:37am I received the following:

To owner of https://www.flixxy.com/,

Google has started validating your fix of Core Web Vitals issues on your site. Specifically, we are checking for ‘CLS issue: more than 0.1 (mobile)’, which currently affects 1397 pages.

To owner of https://www.flixxy.com/,

Google has started validating your fix of Core Web Vitals issues on your site. Specifically, we are checking for ‘LCP issue: longer than 4s (mobile)’, which currently affects 1397 pages.

Validation can take a few days; we will send you a message when the process is complete. You can monitor the progress of the test by following the link below.

I understand that Google may need up to 28 days to collect field data.

I disabled AdSense Auto Ads (which was the cause of excessive CLS) on October 9  (19 days ago).

Since then, all the tests, including Page Speed Insights, GTMetrix, WebPageTest and my own web-vitals.js through Google Analytics show that my CLS=0 and that my LCP is below 2.5.

So why do my validations for CLS and LCP, both mobile and desktop, consistently fail ???

My site has 288,000 pageviews per month, so Google should have enough data by now.

Or is my web-vitals.js report incorrect?

I am a one-person business and am totally discouraged and confused about this.

What else can I do?

Can you please help me?

Hubert Heller

Flixxy

1854 Venetian Point Dr| Clearwater | FL 33755 | USA

Tel: +1 (727) 251 8855

Flixxy
www.Flixxy.com

Traffic and demographics (independently measured by QuantCast)

https://www.quantcast.com/flixxy.com#trafficCard
https://www.quantcast.com/flixxy.com#demographicsCard
https://www.quantcast.com/flixxy.com#shoppingInterestsCard

Subscribe to the FREE “Video of the Day” newsletter:
www.flixxy.com/subscribe.htm

image003.png
image004.png
image005.png
image006.png

Philip Walton

Oct 28, 2022, 8:24:50 PM10/28/22
to Hubert Heller, web-vital...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hubert,

If you actually have fixed all of your issues, it may very well be that you have to wait 28 days to see the results in Search Console and CrUX. For example, I still see an issue when looking at your top page: https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flixxy.com%2Ftrumpet-solo-melissa-venema.htm&form_factor=mobile

Another possibility is that the layout shifts you're seeing are actually happening within iframes, in which case the web-vitals JS library cannot detect them. See this post for more details, or possibly other explanations as to why you're seeing differences between the web-vitals library and CrUX: https://web.dev/crux-and-rum-differences/#iframes

I hope that helps!