[Layout Shifts Metrics] Evolving the CLS metric - what does it go live?

Omri Ariav

Apr 19, 2021, 9:50:00 AM4/19/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi,

Thank you for improving and evolving the way you measure CLS - https://web.dev/evolving-cls/

Sorry if I missed that, but I want to know if this change is going live and to effect in May 1st?

Please let us know when you can
Thanks!

Omri Ariav

Apr 19, 2021, 9:50:29 AM4/19/21
to web-vitals-feedback
When does it go live of course (sorry for the typo)

Philip Walton

Apr 19, 2021, 1:21:14 PM4/19/21
to Omri Ariav, web-vitals-feedback
As mentioned in the post you linked to, we plan to update the CLS definition in our tools soon. We don't have specific dates yet, but we plan to update that post as soon as we do have dates.

If you're asking about May 1 because of Search concerns, you might find this post helpful:

Omri Ariav

Apr 19, 2021, 2:05:44 PM4/19/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi Philip,

This is very useful. Thank you for providing more information about the rollout.

Omri.