Change in CLS?

Topfgartenwelt

Feb 9, 2021, 5:45:50 PM2/9/21
to web-vitals-feedback
Was there a change in CLS measurement in the last weeks? My CLS scores changed from green to orange in realtime measurement. It seems that there is no special element on the site that is causing the CLS, all div containers marked as orange though there is no visible and recognizeable layout shift. Page Speed Insights and  Lighthouse are not able to measure that CLS and there is also no warning in the search console. But CLS seems to be here. The CLS also shows not up for everyone visiting the website. What is going wrong?

Greetings

Nicolás Peña Moreno

Feb 9, 2021, 6:00:20 PM2/9/21
to Topfgartenwelt, web-vitals-feedback
We have a changelog for major changes here. It is possible that your site is affected by one of the changes on Chrome 88. Also note that CLS is measured across the full lifetime of the page, so keep that in mind when comparing with lab tools since those only show issues that could arise during page load. To better understand issues that only happen for real user data, I recommend looking into source attribution, which will help you understand what shifted.