LCP entire body container and implications on lazy loading logic

Tim Manalo

Jun 27, 2024, 8:23:30 AMJun 27
to web-vitals-feedback
Hello,

When our page loads, the entire container that holds above/below the fold content is considered the LCP element.

Below the fold I see visible images rendered that are supposed to be lazy loaded via HTML attributes and videos that are lazy loaded via JS (not HTML attribute preload="none").

If the browser/user device is considering the entire container for LCP, does that mean our lazy loading logic for both images/videos is overwritten based on our page's loading logic? I feel our page should be served to only consider the marquee's content above the fold as the LCP (ambient video image).

Please let me know your thoughts, I've never seen an entire page's body content be considered LCP before! Thank you for the time.
Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 9.37.18 AM.png

Best,
Tim

Michal Mocny

Jun 27, 2024, 11:12:44 AMJun 27
to Tim Manalo, web-vitals-feedback
May you share a link to help us take a look?

(And if it takes more than just opening and loading, perhaps also specific instructions or even a trace which demonstrates an example, preferably shared via https://trace.cafe)